Friday, February 26, 2010

Essay Ideas

1.) For prompt number one, I will give my definition of peace and analyze how it relates to the differing ideologies of past Nobel Peace Prize recipients Theodore Roosevelt, Lech Walesa, and Barack Obama. As these men all came from very different backgrounds, and confronted a wide range of problems, their ideas about peace are diverse. I will use their speeches to support my view that peace is a term that changes over time.

2.) For prompt nine, I will argue that the qualities necessary for a distinguished leader are vision, communication, and knowledge. A leader needs the vision to affect change for his constituents, the ability to communicate sincerely and clearly with his country, and a strong knowledge of past history.To support this, I will discuss Peace Prize winners Martin Luther King Jr., Woodrow Wilson, and Nelson Mandela.

No comments: