Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"A Planetary Emergency"

I read "A Planetary Emergency" by Al Gore. His speech was about the supposed global warming. I'm not going to argue weather or not global warming exsists or not, however Al Gore was proposing to help create a better envioronment. According to Gore we as humans are the reason that global warming is occuring, why the earth has a fever. "Indeed, without realizing it, we have begun a wage war on the earth itself. Now, we and the earth's climate are locked in a relationship familiar to war planners: "mutually assured destruction""(Gore, 620.) I do agree with Gore that the environment could be better and that we are destroying and taking advantage of our world. I feel like we could take better care of what we have and be more respectful of the earth. Things like hybrid cars, solar power energy and wind power are just some simple steps that have been created to help cause less pollution. I think more could still be done like making it mandatory to recycle or try and create a way where everyone could get solar or wind power energy.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

I agree that more needs to be done from the people. We can't depend on others to make the change for us.

ahlam said...

same here nobody likes taking responsibility.

Seth said...

I think if people just started doing small things to help the environment, such as recycling, it could make an impact. I agree that more should be done about the matter but you have to start some where and every contribution to stop global warming will help.